Renewable Energy Science & Technology (REST)
Diploma : Master of « Energy » - University Paris-Saclay - International Master
The Renewable Energy Science & Technology Master program was designed to meet one of the major challenges facing the world: increasing the percentage of renewable energies in the global energy mix.Focusing on science, this Master in energy engineering aims to give students real-world technical expertise in strategic renewable energy topics, as well as an in-depth understanding of the issues associated with renewable energies and their development, including the short and medium-term technical, technological, geopolitical and environmental challenges. Classes are taught by university lecturers and experts from the businesses partnering the program.
The program is structured in two semesters:
The first semester structured around key scientific and economic themes:
- Energy Vectors and Storage
- Energy Distribution Networks
- Wind and Hydro Power
- New energies and New Markets
- Project Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- Topical Seminars
- Language Courses
The second semester is a long research internship to be done in a public or private laboratory or company in France or abroad
Master REST is designed to:- Undertaking a Ph.D. at an academic or industrial laboratory
- Becoming an expert operational project manager, in a public agency or an energy company
- Embarking on a technical, business or sustainable development career in the energy industry
- Embarking on a career in energy strategy development and implementation for a major manufacturer or producer
- Contributing to the development of small businesses focused on renewable energies
Language: The program is entirely taught in English
Location: Palaiseau, Paris
Prerequisite: The Renewable Energy Science & Technology Master’s program is open to engineering, mechanical science and physics graduate students (with 60ECTS validated) from the best schools and universities in France and abroad.
Validation rules: The Master Diploma is delivered upon validation 60 ECTS
- Registration fees (256€ in 2016-17) + social security affiliation (215€ in 2016-17)
- Tuition fees : 12 000 € (partial or full exemptions may be applied on specific conditions)
Session 1 : January 15th until February 15th
Session 2 : March 15th until May 15th
Admissions may be accorded for late applications received after the deadline of the 2nd session. In every case, you will receive an answer by the 15th of July, at the latest.
Paris-Saclay Scholarships for international Master students arriving in France (10k€) more details
9 Scholarships supported by the Master industrial partners (TOTAL, EDF, Schneider Electric, Saint Gobain, Air Liquide) are awarded to the best candidates (10k€).