- The Drahi X-Novation Center, our startups incubator
- X-Up, the program for seed-stage startups
X-Up, the program for seed-stage startups
X-Up is the program dedicated to technology startups in their seed phase. It is a program of excellence and human scale, hosting a dozen startups per class.
The program provides each project with a grant.
It offers :
- 8 months of customized technological and business support, with mentoring (recognized experts and the X alumni network)
- Participation in the Demo Day in front of hand-picked investors (venture capital funds, family offices, business angels)
- Access to the X-FAB, our prototyping and pre-industrialization space (more than 50 machines available on 1000 m2)
- The constant support of a multidisciplinary team (scientific expertise, manufacturing, legal, communication, marketing) dedicated to your project
- Proven experience in supporting start-ups: 74 to date with great success
We plan to take a minority stake (5%) in the capital of the supported startups at the time of creation.
X-Novation offers corporate mentoring as part of its X-Up intensive program.
During incubation, one day is dedicated to mentoring. Startups meet with former X students, with the aim of finding 2 to 3 mentors with complementary profiles to support them in their project.
These mentors are carefully pre-selected according to the needs of the incubated entrepreneurs.
MENTORING, WHAT IS IT?
- Business mentoring is an offline help, i.e. without any hierarchical link or interest. The relationship must be voluntary and not mandatory, for both the mentor and the mentee. It is a relationship of equals, the mentor does not have a leadership role. It is interactive and not a one-way street.
- Entrepreneurial mentoring is a personal accompaniment without conflict of interest. The mentor must not be a shareholder in the mentee's company during the mentoring relationship. The mentoring is not at the expense of the startup.
- The mentor and the mentee choose each other. The mentor accompanies the entrepreneur and guides him/her by providing his/her experience. The mentee receives valuable advice, expands his network and gains confidence. The mentor's outside perspective allows the mentee to step back, evaluate different options and make decisions on his own.
- Mentored businesses grow faster than others and fewer of them stop their activity. A real benefit for the mentees!