Associate Director for the Bachelor Program, fluent English-speaking (F/H)
A key player on the international field, École Polytechnique is at the forefront of science and technology, bringing together research, education and innovation. Academic programs at the institution promote a culture of excellence with an emphasis on science, formed through a strong humanist tradition.
Boasting a diverse study offer—with the Bachelor, Ingénieur Polytechnicien, Master’s, Graduate Degree, PhD Programs, and opportunities for lifelong learning—École Polytechnique molds its students into decision-makers with a multidisciplinary scientific background, while also exposing them to the worlds of business and research. With 22 laboratories, 21 of which are joint research units operated in collaboration with CNRS, the l’X Research Center works at the leading edge of research in major cross-disciplinary issues in science, technology and society.
Presentation of Department
Working under the Vice Provost for Education of École Polytechnique, the Bachelor Program Office is responsible for Bachelor student admissions, on-campus welcome and administrative monitoring. Its role is to support, inform and assist Bachelor students and their families, while also collaborating with the teaching faculty and administrative staff at the institution, with the goal of providing students with the best possible conditions and environment for success and fulfillment. École Polytechnique’s Bachelor Program welcomed its first cohort in September 2017. Students in the Program are admitted following the completion of a French scientific baccalauréat, high school diploma or a foreign equivalent qualification. This brand-new, three-year Program is taught entirely in English and awards a Licence (bachelor’s-level diploma) of École Polytechnique upon completion.
Main role: The holder of this position will work under the Vice Provost for Education and report directly to Dean of the Bachelor Program, co-supervising the organization and administrative management of the recently created l’X Bachelor Program.
• Co-piloting a fast-growing structure and co-directing the administrative team of the Bachelor Office (comprising 5 members, and 1 more to be recruited).
• Putting in place all tools and processes that are necessary for the smooth operation of Bachelor academic affairs, with the aid of academic advisers. This involves creating the general conditions required for a quality study environment, ensuring the proper operation of collective student life on a daily basis, maintaining students’ well-being with regard to both academic and extracurricular matters, as well as establishing individual dialogue with students, and facilitating discussion and exchange between students and the different members of staff involved in their education (faculty and administrative staff).
• Facilitating Bachelor students’ arrival and short-, medium- and long-term integration on campus, and collaborating with the École Polytechnique Alumni Association and the École Polytechnique Foundation to help new students become a part of the l’X community.
• Strengthening the organization and administrative management of the l’X Bachelor Program by improving existing structures and processes for student admissions, on-campus welcome and monitoring.
• Supervising the operation of online working platforms for students, in collaboration with the relevant services.
• Preparing and updating the administrative documents, files and tools required for the development of the Bachelor Program, including meeting minutes and meeting reports, in collaboration with the relevant services.
• Helping to monitor the revenue and expenditure budget for the Bachelor Program Office.