Project manager for Hi! Paris (F/H)
TARGETED PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
Master level diploma (or equivalent), very good relational, reactive, dynamic.
Experience within a higher education institution and international experience are assets
Fluency in professional English (written and spoken) is a must.
All our positions are accessible to people with disabilities.
PRESENTATION AND CONTEXT OF THE INSTITUTION
The Institut Polytechnique de Paris (IP Paris), legally created in May 2019, brings together five Grandes Ecoles: the École Polytechnique, ENSTA Paris, ENSAE Paris (a GENES school), Télécom Paris and Télécom SudParis (two IMT schools). This grouping of five institutions of excellence within the Institut Polytechnique de Paris deliberately places itself in an international approach to higher education and research. IP Paris' ambition is to train 10,000 students by 2022.
It enables these Schools to combine their strengths, to amplify their existing cooperative actions and to gain in visibility, especially internationally, by capitalizing on their assets and by carrying out a transformation that will position the Institut Polytechnique de Paris according to international standards. Gathered on the same campus, these Schools have tremendous potential, enabling them to leverage their strengths to implement joint projects.
Hi! PARIS : created jointly by HEC Paris and the Institut Polytechnique de Paris (IP Paris), Hi! Paris is a new interdisciplinary research and teaching center dedicated to AI and Data Sciences. Hi! Paris, the first European interdisciplinary and inter-institutional center combining education, research and innovation, aims to become a world leader in the field within 5 years by addressing the main challenges of technological transformation and its impact on business and society. The Center will rely on the 300 researchers and the infrastructures of IP Paris and HEC Paris in these fields. It is a continuation of an intense dynamic collaboration between the two institutions, which already share a common doctoral school and master's degrees. It is entirely financed by corporate sponsors mobilized around the two academic institutions.
A unique space for breakthroughs, training and innovation, technology development and transfer, Hi! Paris will be active in key application areas such as energy and environment, defense and security, health, retail and luxury goods, telecoms, food, finance and insurance... By strengthening the collaboration between IP Paris and HEC Paris, and by capitalizing on their expertise covering a broad academic spectrum, Hi! Paris will have a powerful impact on a European and global scale in terms of data-IA research and training (engineers, managers, young researchers, continuing education), resources that are today indispensable to companies and laboratories, both public and private.
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Project manager of Hi! PARIS.
Main missions :
- Activities related to the governance of the center :
• Preparing and organizing meetings of the center's various committees (Scientific Advisory Board, Corporate Advisory Board, Academic operational Committee, Steering Committee, Governance Committee) in conjunction with stakeholders
• Note-taking, minutes with key decisions and action plan of the center meetings.
- Activities related to the important actions of the center on the 3 pillars "Research, Training and Innovation":
• Follow-up and update of the schedule of important actions (roadmap).
• Ensure the management and organization of the different calls for projects of the center.
• Support the organization of the scientific events of the Centre (scientific seminars/workshops, summer school, ...)
• Provide support for the organization of specific events (Datacamp, Summer schools, ...)
- Budget-related activities: consolidating, analyzing and monitoring the budget on a monthly basis in conjunction with the financial departments of IP Paris and HEC Paris.
- Activities related to the center's communication: preparing and organizing the center's communication in relation with the stakeholders' communication services (communication of scientific events, web content management, communication on social networks...) ;
- Activities related to industry relations
• Ensure the necessary interactions with the center's sponsoring partners
• Participate, if necessary, in meetings with potential future patrons.
Main interactions :
- With the executive director of the center
- With the two scientific co-directors of the center (HEC / IP Paris)
- With the administrative assistant of the center
- With the members of the center's committees (e.g. academic operational committee, ...)
- With the members of the International Advisory Board
- With the financial departments of IP Paris and HEC Paris
- With the communication services of IP Paris and HEC Paris
• Proven professional experience in project management and management of projects.
• Relational ease, skills in written and oral communication
• Fluency in English (read, written, spoken)
• Knowledge of the sector of Higher education or knowledge of a technological sector, ideally related to artificial intelligence and data.
• Capacity of rigorous organization
• Ability to manage complex projects,
• Interpersonal skills and ability to synthesize
• Knowing how to work collaboratively
• Writing skills
• Know how to prioritize / plan actions
• Experience in communication in a technical-scientific environment
• Sense of relationship,
• Ability to listen and dialogue with a wide variety of people (industrialists, managers, teachers and researchers).
• Versatility, autonomy and reactivity
• Have a sense of confidentiality
• Know how to anticipate needs and prioritize
Send your candidacy at :
Indicating the following reference :
DRH-RECRUT-IPParis – 2020/ Chef projet pour le centre Hi! Paris