Renewable Energy Science & Technology (REST)
Diploma : Master of « Energy » - University Paris-Saclay - International Master
The Renewable Energy Science & Technology Master program was designed to meet one of the major challenges facing the world: increasing the percentage of renewable energies in the global energy mix. Focusing on science, this Master in energy engineering aims to give students real-world technical expertise in strategic renewable energy topics, as well as an in-depth understanding of the issues associated with renewable energies and their development, including the short and medium-term technical, technological, geopolitical and environmental challenges. Classes are taught by university lecturers and experts from the businesses partnering the program.
The program is structured in two semesters:
- The first semester is structured around key scientific and economic themes:
- Energy Vectors and Storage
- Energy Distribution Networks
- Wind and Hydro Power
- Biomass and bioenergy
- Socio-economic issues
- Topical Seminars
- Language Courses
Pedagogy is experimentally oriented and relies on the skills of the research teams of the IPVF (Institut Photovoltaïque d’Ile-de-France).
- The second semester is a long research internship to be done in a public/private laboratory or company in France or abroad
Master REST is designed to:
- Undertake a Ph.D. at an academic or industrial laboratory
- Become an expert operational project manager, in a public agency or an energy company
- Take on a technical, business or sustainable development career in the energy industry
- Take on a career in energy strategy development and implementation for a major manufacturer or producer
- Contribute to the development of small businesses focused on renewable energies
Language: The program is entirely taught in English
Location: Palaiseau (20 km south of Paris)
Prerequisites: The Renewable Energy Science & Technology Master’s program is open to engineering, mechanical science and physics graduate students (with 60 ECTS validated) from the best schools and universities in France and abroad.
Validation rules: The Master Diploma is delivered upon validation of 60 ECTS
- Registration fees 243€ in 2019-2020 + contribution vie étudiante et de campus 90€ in 2019-2020 (Registration fees for international students outside the European Community may be subject to a
significant increase from the beginning of the 2019/2020 academic year.)
- Tuition fees :
- OK€: for 2018-2019 Université Paris-Saclay graduates/CROUS scholars
- 4K€: other graduates
- 1st application wave: 15th January 2019-15th February 2019
- 2nd application wave: 15th March-15th May 2019
- 3rd application wave: 1st June - 30th June 2019
A dozen scholarships supported by the Master industrial partners (EDF, TOTAL…) are awarded to the best candidates (4k€).