Master Renewable Energy Science & Technology (REST)
Diploma : Diplôme National de Master of « Energy » Université Paris Saclay
The Renewable Energy Science & Technology Master program was designed to help meet one of the major challenges facing the world, increasing the percentage of renewable energies in the global energy mix.
Focusing on science, this Master in energy engineering aims to give students real-world technical expertise in strategic renewable energy topics, as well as an in-depth understanding of the issues associated with renewable energies and their development, including the short and medium-term technical, technological, geopolitical and environmental challenges.
Classes are taught by university lecturers and experts from the businesses partnering the program.
The program is divided into two semesters: academic and research internship (6 months):
>A semester of courses structured around key scientific and economic themes:
- Energy Vectors and Storage
- Energy Distribution Networks
- Wind and Hydro Power
- New energies and New Markets
- Project Management, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
- Topical Seminars
- Language Courses
>A semester-long research internship to be done in a public or private laboratory or company in France or abroad
Master REST is designed to:
- Undertaking a Ph.D. at an academic or industrial laboratory
- Becoming an expert operational project manager, in a public agency or an energy company
- Embarking on a technical, business or sustainable development career in the energy industry
- Embarking on a career in energy strategy development and implementation for a major manufacturer or producer
- Contributing to the development of small businesses focused on renewable energies
The program will be open to students who have completed a high level of studies, such as Ecole Polytechnique’s Master 1 in Physics (« 21st century energy »).
Language: The program is entirely taught in English
Location: Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau) – ENSTA (Palaiseau) – ENSAM (Paris)
Prerequisite: The Renewable Energy Science & Technology Master’s program is aimed at engineering, mechanical science and physics students from the best schools and universities in France and abroad.
Validation rules: The Master Diploma is delivered upon of 120 ECTS (60 ECTS in M1 and 60 ECTS in M2)
- Registration fees : 256€ (2014-2015)
- Tuition fees : 12 000 € (apart from exonerations)
- Health assurance, accommodation or travel expenses
Each year, about 20 scolarships are awarded to the best candidates by :
- The insdustrial partners (TOTAL, EDF, Schneider Electric, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Saint Gobain, Alstom, Air Liquide, Cogenpower)
- The French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development
- Paris-Saclay University
Application submission deadline :
- 1st session : 8 February 2015
- 2nd session : 15 April 2015
Contact : Céline Hordesseaux