Areas & equipment
The library welcomes you all year round on 4 levels. You will find:
- 30,000 open-access documents spread over 3 levels
- 1 newsstand (111 periodical titles available) (downloadable file)
- 1 “New books” area
- 236 workplaces including 1 level dedicated to collaborative work
- 64 relaxation places
- 1 meeting room (by reservation)
- 1 reception desk
- 2 “Loans / Returns” machines
- 2 photocopiers NB
- 3 computers in the reading room
- 1 computer dedicated to consulting theses under embargo
- School WiFi access.
Reservation of a workplace
4 areas with wifi access are available:
At level 1 (EAST) from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (during school holidays, access to spaces from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. only on weekdays)
- Closed office (2 to 3 people)
- Box 1 (6 people)
- Box 2 (6 people).
At level -2 (WEST) Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (during school holidays, access to the meeting room from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Meeting room equipped with a screen (12 to 20 people)
To reserve one of these spaces, you must create an account by logging into the reservations calendar. Each reservation will be processed by the Reception, Information and Communication department of the BCX and you will receive a confirmation by email.
For any question or request relating to the operation of this tool, you can write to us: Contact: AIC service
Photocopier and printing
The École Polytechnique offers a printing, copying and scanning service to its administrative staff, teachers and students. This offer is based on one of Toshiba's multifunction copiers and "Papercut" print management software.
PaperCut MF inclut un logiciel embarqué pour permettre un suivi, un contrôle et une sécurisation de la libération des impressions à partir de l’écran de l’appareil. Ses fonctionnalités permettent d’éliminer le gaspillage et d’encourager un comportement responsable allant dans le sens d'une démarche collective de réduction des gaz à effet de serre engagée par l’École (Solution papercut à télécharger).
You must synchronize your badge with the photocopier:
- Pass the badge on the reader (see the photo below)
- Enter their first name.last name and password used to access the School's network
- Photocopy or release your prints on the copier of your choice in complete security after identification with your badge.
The library respects the regulations in force concerning copying rights.
For more information (in French): Centre français d'exploitation du droit de copie et copieprivee.org