- About us
Since its creation in 1794, the library has continued to enrich its initial collections from revolutionary deposits, either through exceptional contributions or through regular acquisitions.
An encyclopedic library with a very strong focus on fundamental sciences, the École Polytechnique library today meets the needs of a professional scientific school recognized as a center of excellence at the global level as well as its research center by putting a rich documentary and heritage collection available to its public.
Nearly 300,000 volumes, 182,804 monographs, 2,147 paper periodical titles, 3,483 electronic journals, 305 living periodical titles are available from the FOCUS discovery tool or from our catalogs. The various electronic resources such as databases, electronic journals or theses are accessible via the library's website.
In a context of strong change, the École Polytechnique library is committed to ensuring its fundamental documentary activity for learning, research and the promotion of heritage while developing innovative and adapted services in order to respond to these new challenges.
MISSIONS & LIBRARY POLICY
The mission of the Central Library of the École Polytechnique is:
- build up and make available to the student, teaching and scientific community a multidisciplinary documentary collection useful for teaching and research
- contribute to the dissemination of all of its resources
- welcome its audiences and offer cultural events
- train its audiences in documentary research
- to conserve and enhance a rich multi-support heritage fund.
STAFF & CONTACTS
Director of the Library, Archives and Museum:
Book orders: Sandrine Delval
Section of Documentary Resources for Education and Research
- Manager: Denis Roura
- Electronic resources manager, SIGB Aleph functional administrator, Sudoc coordinator: Denis Roura
- In charge of the documentary acquisitions of scientific sectors: Amandine Girardet
- In charge of the documentary acquisitions department in SHS, Economy, Languages, Literature, Culture-Leisure, subscription management:
- Responsible for the Scientific and Technical Information pole - STAR correspondent (electronic theses), administrator of HAL Polytechnique and HAL-IP Paris, bibliometrics and statistics of uses): Aurélien Arnoux
- Cataloging (news, retrospective, donations and equipment): Danièle Chambon
- Manager: Vanessa Richard
- Public service and reception officer, Management of contemporary stores, Interlibrary loan manager, Prevention assistant: Vanessa Richard
- Documentalist-Webmaster (website and social networks), In charge of cultural events and exhibitions: Valeriya Tretyakova
- Documentary mediator (documentary research training, presentations and visits to the library):
- Storekeeper (room and store storage, reception and equipment management): Romuald Leroy, Suresh Suc, Thommy Ferreira
Historical Resources Center - MUS'X
- Manager: Olivier Azzola
- Archives (information - consultations): Olivier Azzola
- Archivist assistance: Quentin Grivot
- Reserve and heritage funds (information - consultations): Conservation and restoration: Delphine Gallot
- MUS'X cultural mediator:
- Storekeeper (material management, inventory):